Sunday 13 September 2020

Sunday September 13th

The guy who fabricated our water tank needed an extra pic, I think there was a whiff of panic when I messaged that it was now built in. He's due to call on Monday to discuss the problem. I'm imagining it'll have to be removed which is a PITA but the way it went in I can hopefully keep the woodwork.

The Kingspan insulation is glued to the stainless steel tank with Sikaflex EBT+and the 9mm birch ply in turn stuck to that so I'm hoping it's just a sheet or so of Kingspan to sort out. Proverbials crossed!

Extra photo for fabricator 

The sun taking later to rise is having it's knock on effect, that added to the bungs that Deb has made for the back cabin porthole and bullseye has mean't that I was unusually still asleep by 7.30

Deb was soundo so I asked Alexa for some music by Rebecca Laird, a Texan blues guitarist with lots of Gaelic influences on her Facebook feed so, with a name like that I'm pretty sure she's Scottish; and some Joe Bonamassa. It's the one advantage of Deb's worsening otosclerosis, once her hearing aids are out I can play music pretty well as loud as I want.

Leaving Fradley visitor moorings

By the time we left it was close to 10.30 but I wasn't too bothered we we're only planning a short hop to Alrewas about 2 slow hours away.

Firing up the Dorman the Amps in to the batteries leapt to 180A and settled fairly quickly at 130A ish. On LJ that would have been 50A and down to 20A before the first lock. Its the main reason I wanted LiFePO4 lithium batteries. By the time the safety relay had cut the charge from the alternators we had replaced 120Ah of the 129Ah we'd used over the last day or so... within 45 minutes. For any non techie/non boaters that's about 4 hours of normal engine run time!! 


Common lock
About 2 hours later we had arrived at Alrewas, the 14 day moorings on the tight bends we're full, the ones near the footbridge we're full so I wasn't holding out much hope for stopping this side of the river Trent section.

Luckily the only spot left was the best and that's the last mooring before the drop onto the river. Wide enough towpath with grassy areas and enough depth for us, oh and clear sky's for the solar to finish off the last few ampere hours charging. If we decide to stay here tomorrow it'll be nice to see how many Ah we actually use from the batteries between tonight and tomorrow night. I'll try and remember.

Perfect mooring in Alrewas



More boating tomorrow, or the next day




No comments:

Post a Comment